Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Beijing 2010!!!

Arriving at the airport at 4:00am to head to China.
We have arrived in Beijing. It's now 4:30 in the morning here. We got settled in to our hotel and fell asleep at 8:00pm and slept till 3:00am. The boys woke first, ready for the day. Yesterday was amazing. Our ride came on time and on the way to the airport I realized that I had forgotten my down coat. The temp in Beijing was around 0 degrees. So, I'm still without a coat, but I have my big fleece jacket. First stop today will be a department store to get one. You might think it crazy to forget my coat, but I really had myself and 5 other kids to pack for. Too much on my mind.


The plane rides were long and tiring on our bodies. We actually did fly north from Chicago over the North Pole. It was amazing to follow the little TV on each seat that showed our path. Our seats were booked with a row between us, but as we were boarding I noticed that the Chinese family behind us was hanging over our seat talking to the family in front of us. So I asked them if they were together and willing to move. They were very willing to make it happen, which then gave us two aisle seats! That was an amazing answer to prayer. Another confirmation that He cares for the details in our lives, as I know a few of you were praying specifically for that!
It is very cold here today (pray with us for global warming :-))and we will be doing some walking tours around Beijing, seeing some of the famous sites. Tomorrow it's suppose to snow and we plan to go to the Great Wall. Pray for tea shops to thaw out in along the way. We love you all. Wish you were here! Lynn

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! So sorry about your coat. Great prices in the stores. Get a good coat. Prayers for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will trade the weather with you it is suppose to be -30 real temperature won't even talk about wind chill. You are all in my daily prayers God is definately with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn,

    I'm so thankful that your family made it safely to Beijing! Praying that the Lord with be with you and smooth out all of the details!

    Leah & the Lifesong staff

    ReplyDelete